jueves, 19 de abril de 2012

I actor - after laramie project

I 'actor'

Stanislavski/Meisner techniques/processes used effectively.

1. Emotional memory --- I used the emotional memory technique in both of my characters.
  • One of my characters is Doug Laws, a Mormon leader. In the lines I say, he says what it is right and wrong according to God. He also says it to somebody who is relatively new to them. I tried to think in a situation where I felt similarly, where I was with somebody relatively new to me and I tried to explain to them what was right or wrong. I found out that I could use the start of this academic year to create that emotional memory: so many people with different views where here that subconsciously I tried to express to them what was right or wrong.
  • The other character is Matt Galloway. He is a very young, outgoing and extroverted character, a character that will want people to pay attention to him. He thinks he is very important in this whole thing, and, in my opinion, he thinks he is going to be famous for this. So for that, I tried to recall a moment where I did something I thought was important and I though I was going to be famous for this: this was when I won a departmental competition when I was about 13 years old; I was young and naive, I thought what I had done will be known by everybody which is how I think, Matt Galloway felt. I used this emotional memory for the first lines of Matt Galloway.
2. Repetition --- I tried to use this technique for both characters too. I performed repetition before the performance but I would also repeat this phrases in my mind while I was sitting
  • With Doug Laws I did repetition with the phrase "they need to know what it's right." This phrase is also kind of my objective, so it definitely helped me to coordinate my body language with the things I was saying and the pase and tone in which I was saying them.
  • For Matt Galloway, I repeated the phrase "I am going to be in Wikipedia" before going into stage. This helped me get into the mindset that I was going famous, that everybody will know about me.
3. Before time --- I also used this technique with both characters, although stronger with Matt Galloway.
  • For the very first line that Matt Galloway says, what I thought as my before time was that I was in the back of the bar, somewhere where I was not visible, washing the dishes or cleaning, something mechanical that did not require a lot of mental concentration. Suddenly, they called me and they told me I was about to testify for Matthew Shepard. My first thought was that I got very excited, but then I realized that I had to be careful of what I said to them because I wanted to impress them. --- For all the other scenes I tried to think of my before time as having been talking with these people who want to interview me a long time; because basically that's what Matt Galloway does during the whole play.
  • For Doug Laws, in his only scene, I thought of my before time as having been reading the bible, making about it, something that required a lot of my concentration... and then having been knocked on my door so that we could start the interview.

What kind of actor have I become?

The techniques I found most effective where emotional memory and repetition. I didn't feel like before time made a great impact in my way of acting and I couldn't figure out how to apply magic if in any of my scenes. Taking into account the Stanislavsky exercise that we have performed, I think I have become the kind of actor who likes to feel the environment of the scene. I found that very effective, and I think it achieves a high degree of realism on stage. However, to correctly apply the emotional memory technique into acting, lines should be learned very well; but this is something I had trouble with every rehearsal, knowing my lines very well. I think I have become the kind of actor who likes to play with emotions, I found it very fun to explore emotions while saying my lines.


Homework next thursday:
prepare a micro-tppp 8-10 minute oral presentation on your Theater journey in Year 1 Focus on 2 productions you have been involved in. Include 5 images (pictures/photos) in your presentation.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario