sábado, 25 de febrero de 2012

Performance of the cannovacci to Steve



Aim of Task: To perform all of what we have in the cannovacci to Steve so that he can give us feedback on what we have done and make the performance better before we present it.

Description of Task: After we presented our cannovacci to Steve he told us the play still need some work before it was ready to be presented on stage; which I agree on. Steve mentioned a lot of good things we had done including the fact that Zanni's performance was very good. Then, he told some of us that we were not facing the audience enough. He thinks I need to enunciate my words more. I have a problem with my mask because it's nose covers a big part of my mouth which obstructs whatever I say. However, to make that better, I need to make low-pitched voices so the audience can hear it better and I also need to open my mouth wider whenever I speak. A low-pitch voice is characteristic of Pantalone because his animal is the chicken, a very low-pitch sound animal. Another thing that I really need to improve too, and that Steve mentioned, is that I commonly look down when I am acting; I need to put the mask a little bit more up, at the level of the audience, so the mask can face the audience when I am speaking.

My group and I will keep on meeting so that we can finalize the play and make it ready to present to Sha Tin College.

Reflection: There is still work we have to do on the play. Although we have rehearsed it, there is still some things that sometimes do not make quite much sense. We will keep working on it.

Conclusion: It is always good to have an external opinion, and opinion from somebody who is not in the actors so that these person can tell the actors what goes well and what doesn't. This is what normally a director is for, but since we are not having directors in any of our groups we are not able to do that. I do not know if directors are common in Commedia dell' Arte performances but I think they would definitely be useful for us.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario