martes, 6 de diciembre de 2011

Commedia dell' Arte: Characters

Commedia dell' Arte Characters

When reading the information sheet, there are some characters that immediately capture my attention:
  • Pantalone:

He is a short character. He is a character whose orders have to be obeyed because he has money. Uses tight trousers, sleepers and a tight fitting jacket. I don't think I would meet the physical appearance of Pantalone. And I wouldn't enjoy to play a high status character as comical.

  • IL Capitano:

This character often pretends high status. A coward. Stops everywhere to show the audience that he should be admired. I don't think I will be able to relate very well to this character and it doens't seem as comical to me to perform it.

  • Arlecchino:

He is usually a servant to Pantalone. He is a character that can be, by his costume, considered funny by ridiculization. He is normally physically quick but mentally slow. He constantly speaks. I think that would be something I would enjoy to do considering that I have seen myself in that situation!

I think Arlecchino is the character that appeals to me the most and I would like to play it on our Commedia dell' Arte performance next term.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario