domingo, 13 de noviembre de 2011

Theatre Mural



Aim of Task:

To recall and express all what we have learned about theatre so far, in a group, with colours and drawings that help us express ourselves better.

Description of Task:

Steve wrote on the board four different words with circles around them: Theatre, Ensemble, Myself and Links. With "theatre" we had to associate things that we had learned of the course in general; with "ensemble" things about the us, everybody in theatre class; with "myself" what this course taught us about ourselves and with "links" how we could relate theatre concepts to other aspects of our lives and other IB subjects. Steve, then handed us a bunch of blue, green, black and orange markers. Everyone started writing in different places of the board. Others started drawing. Many people completed phrases that other persons wrote or drew more details on other people's drawings. Near "myself" I wrote, "Knowing more about people." What I meant with this phrase is that theatre had taught me to understand other people better. The way we have explored emotions in class helped me comprehend other people's feelings better when I am talking to them about personal stuff. Near "links" I wrote "imitating." Imitating is not only useful in theatre but in on stage performances in general: for example, when preparing a group dance everybody imitates the same style of dance. Many of the lessons we have had asked us to imitate another person, like the workshop we did. I think imitating is much more difficult than it actually sounds. Finally, I drew a picture of our beloved teacher, Steve, on the left side of the board.

Reflection:

Seeing all this words, ideas and drawings made me think all the things that Theatre has already taught me. It is amazing how much it has taught me to know about myself. I had no experience in theatre before, and this is the first time I take a theatre lesson, and I am happy to have had the opportunity to, finally. It is good to have a group of people whom you share a similar class and enjoy with. It is nice to go and seat in the canteen with theatre students. I find that we chose this subject because perhaps we have similar similar interests. I also realize that we have come up with a way of expressing ourselves as a group. It was nice to see how somebody could start a sentence and somebody would continue it and they would make a complete idea altogether. I really like the theatre ensemble.

Conclusion:

Now that I have had two months of this theatre course, I am really looking forward to the rest of the course. I am looking forward to the concepts we are going to learn next and the experiences and plays we are going to build with all the class as a team. I see my second year theatre students are quite close, and I am happy to see that because I know we will be as close as them at some point in the course. hip hip, theatre!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario